Who do you hold in gratitude for being a soft place for you? My dear friend Erin, co-host of Dancing on Desks and mighty organizer, shared these words. Now it is a question that’s filling me with immeasurable tenderness as I write this and ease into the weekend… Onto some odds and ends:
- “TikTok was a canteen; Instagram is a café. But the canteen has better food, and the café serves costly coffee that not everyone drinks.” Erasure of India’s working-class TikTok creators.
- “You can’t create under surveillance.” True for all, but especially thinking about the implications for Black and brown artists. A clinic in Western Massachusetts by and for trans folks, the first rural trans health clinic in the U.S.
- How educators enact racial trauma in their classrooms through carceral curriculum. The ideological battlefield of the mamasphere.
- Portraits of single moms by choice. The unregulated world of life coaches. The sweetest Diwali dog treats.
- I already know that I’ll have Honey on repeat this autumn. An intersectional, witchy read. (And bookmarking several on this list.)